Flight1 ATR

Butch

Hi There,

I been getting the urge to change equipment and was considering Flight1's ATR. I was wondering / hoping if anyone here has it and your opinion is on it?

I have read a pretty positve review on it in Avsim, but I always prefer to canvas others opinion.

TIA

Butch

I wouldn't buy it if you're gonna use it with FSX:Acceleration or SP2. Way too buggy. I regret buying it since it doesn't seem they're gonna update it either. If you're running FS9 or FSX SP1, then go for it.

Thanks guys, just proves the value in asking others mileage, you just saved me 50 bucks.

So the ATR is a no go how about the Cessna Conquest II from Flight1 or the Pilatus PC12?

Thanks again,

Butch

Butch,

I have both the Conquest and the PC12. The Conquest for FSX is a port from 2004 (and 2002 If I remember correctly ).

It works fine  in fsx although framerates suffer slightly when compared to a fsx developed aircraft. VC is good but not up to recent fsx standards. Still a great performing aircraft and a lot of fun with some good repaints - Skippers for one.

The PC12 is an fsx aircraft and is great for FTX. It is probably the only aircraft I have that can climb to flight levels quickly but can slow down for an 85 knot circuit and is just as happy flying low and slow - a great allrounder. Visibility from the cockpit is excellent ,as is the VC and exterior, with most systems modelled and good framerates on my E6850. Also some great repaints - RFDS is my favourite.

Can't go wrong with either really, although I would go for the PC12 if your using FSX and FTX only.

I don't have any problems with the F1 ATR with FSX SP2... Runs very well for me and is my absolute #1 airliner plane (my top-3 payware is DC-2, ATR, LDS767). If you don't use the hotel mode (which is not even required IRL) it's also very easy to operate. Despite what the others have said, I do recommend it - but I guess it's too late now ;D.

Its never too late, although from what I have read the model itself is fs9 based sdk and there are issues with the visuals in clouds. I think if they do come up with a native fsx model then it would become a viable option, but for now I am only interested in fsx native gear. (after all I am paying for it!)

I appreciate your comments though.

Cheers,

Butch

Archived