More testing at YMML v2........

alainneedle1

I've done some more testing with the new rig at YMML v2. I have a lot of pics because I wanted to test every possible angle.

I've tested it with frame rate locked at 40 and unlimited to see the difference, as you all know sometime unlimited can be better over large city or big airport.

Everything still maxed out with everything ticked in the YMML control panel.

I've added the TBM tweak, I set the number at 120 (not really a tweak since TBM will make the rig work harder).

I've also used OrbX weather #2, here we go flying over YMML on a muggy day......by the way I used spring and winter season.

First set of pics are with the frame rate locked at 40.

Posted Image

Posted Image

FPS did not drop by much with the cockpit view...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frame rate at a solid 40 with a cockpit view.....houses as far as you can see....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comming in for landing.....frame rate still very good from the cockpit...

Posted Image

OK, frame rate set at unlimited ....

Take off....71 FPS....pfff

Posted Image

I just can't get over the sharpness of the sim....no blurries at all....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cockpit view still very good as far as frame rate...

Posted Image

Some shots around the big city...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comming in for landing....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So far here is what I found out.....frame rate locked at 40 is SOLID...no stutterings at all what so ever, with  frame rate set at unlimited the cockpit view was smoother, outside view had some stutterings around the big city or over the ground fill with houses as far as your eyes can see....

The next step will be to install REX and see what happen, supposedly REX will make the sim smoother......I will report back later....

so let me get this straight you feel that unlimited in VC mode is smoother ?  do you not get stutters when looking out the port window on unlimited /?

nice shots. by the way, I do feel a bit envious .. good work.

As I remember I did not feel any stuttering at unlimited from the cockpit view but I did from the outside view, for what ever reason flying around at unlimited with a view from the cockpit was smoother with the ground covered with houses.....beats me...

I also noticed this, on the old rig when the FPS were going let say from 35 down to 15 or 18 and up to 35 and again down to 15 to 18 I experienced bad stuttering depending on where I was flying but with this rig I do not feel any stuttering in normal condition (meaning locked frame rate at 40)...it's like the rig does not have to pause (fraction of a second) to take a breather even when the frame rate drop by 10.... so let say I'm flying over YMML at 40 locked...I will have to look at the FPS  counter to see them dropping from 40 to 30 cause I don't feel it if I don't look at it and I think it's because the drop from 40 to 30 is not big enough to make an impact, drop of 10 FPS only.

Now at unlimited here is what's happening....I can be flying at 60 FPS and drop down to 30 or 35 (30 or 35 FPS id very acceptable) but the drop is bigger - 25 to 30 FPS from 60 so IMHO that's why I think I'm getting more stuttering....to big of a difference from 60 to 30 > 35 FPS.

As soon as I get a grip on how to make a movie I'll try to make one to see what will happend with the frame rate in normal and extreme conditions

Fantastic results Alain. What about FTX AI? I would imagine this might slow it down a bit.

I've not had the time to try it yet but I will for sure, I'm sure I'll drop on the FPS but I honestly think it wil be because of the GPU as I feel it's the bottleneck on this rig.

Archived