Brisbane Airport

calum438

Hi Guys,

I was flying back from Brisbane airport yesterday and noticed that the central peir in the domestic treminal is undergoing changes to be like the other two, I was wandering if FTX are going to release an updated one when it is complete. You can see it hear if you go to Btisbane Airport : http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.671272,144.841787&z=19&t=k&nmd=20101001

Calum

Ha ha don't get too carried away with regular updates guys.

We have to be careful here because modern airports are constantly evolving in real life and as developers with would be a full time job to keep up with the real things. Russ and I have a very full book in terms of work for the next twelve months so we can't promise or commit to anything like this.

Lets put things into perspective. YMML V2 has come out just over two years since V1 can out. YBBN has only been out for 8 months or so. But don't take that to mean there will be a YBBN V2 in a year and half eitherĀ  :)

There would be no big increase of performance at YBBN with any future update as per YMML due to the fact that YBBN was built with TextureFlow already.

Plus i really dont want to go back to YBBN if i can help it.

We will update YBBN with the new human models and static airliners but there wont be any airport or infrastructure changes.

Russ.

The way I always considered scenery and aircraft modeling in FSX is it is like a snapshot in time. Real world moves forward but the models in FSX are like a snapshot in recent history.

I like that as some airlines have now become defunct and governments come up with new regulations. FSX will always represent an era in flight that 10 years from now we can look back on as to how things were.

I know I am going to keep my current rig for probably the next 10 years as my old computer as I will want to go back on FSX again. I did the same with me FS98 rig and still have my EPIC card control panels working on that thing (but rarely touch them now).

Archived