Not Recommended by the FAA

ShawnG

I'm sort of flying a mini PNW "farewell tour" in anticipation of moving up north for a bit with the release of PFJ  so I started in concrete, flew up to Hope, BC then Pemberton, Scar Creek, Port Hardy, Orcas Island, Sanderson, Stark's twin oaks, Hanel Field, Ranger Creek,  then back to Concrete.  On my flight from Hanel to Ranger creek,  I paid visits to Mt St. Helens and of course Mt. Ranier.  and just on a lark,  decided to try something I had thought of trying before, namely landing near the summit of ranier.  I had tried before with an aircraft that was really dodgy at that altitude, but the Beaver, with the benefit of a stout headwind was able to approach very stably at an IAS of 60 knots.  If I had been planning ahead, I would have used the SKi version of course,  but the Beaver landed fairly easily on standard wheels in the sim,  with a very small ~100 foot landing roll. ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the more conventional... but actually more difficult landing at Ranger Creek,  fantastic work BTW for OzX

Posted Image

Archived