Installation Procedure for ESP

whitav8

Order Number: FSS008232

I have both FSX and ESP installed on my PC and I would like to run the Northwest Database under ESP. I am also consulting for a company flyit.com that uses ESP exclusively and I would like to recommend them to purchase PNW FTX - can you support an ESP install?

Thanks

Dave Whittington

Order Number: FSS008232

[PRE-FILLED CONTENT] Before asking for support, please make sure you have entered your ordernumber in your signature. If you have not done this, you will not receive support until you have done so. Thank you for your understanding!

Dave

Sorry to but in ;) and I'm not associated with FTX/ORBX. 

Another option you may wish to look at is LockHeed-Martin's "Prepar3D", recently announced.  They use ESP and say that Prepar3D is fully comptaible with FSX SP2 from which one could deduce that it might also be compatible with PNW.  If that is the case LM seem to have found a method of ensuring compatibility with FSX add-ons when using ESP.

I did post about Prepar3D in the general section of the forum asking if FTX/OrbX products might be compatible but unfortunately it did not receive any response from the team or anyone.  BooHoo!! :-\

Just a thought.

PeterH

Hi there,

Your Orbx FTX license is not valid for ESP or Prepar3D. We license our consumer products for FSX only.

If you would like to discuss commercial licensing of our products please contact us at info@orbxsystems.com

We will be porting our products to Prepar3D early in 2011 and you will be able to purchase commercial Orbx licenses from the Prepar3D sales portal. Initially we'll be offering the free PNW demo for Prepar3D though.

I received a reply from John Venema on the payware forum (I bought PNW for FSX on my home PC yesterday). I am consulting for a part task trainer company  that delivers helicopter and GA aircraft cockpit simulators. They use ESP so they can license it. I am helping them select new scenery that will be used in upcoming trade shows and I like the beauty of PNW plus maybe some of your high fidelity airports. I think they use the standard FSX install directories and then copy esp.exe and it's support elements to the execution directory - not sure. I would think that since ESP1.0 is simply FSX-SP2 that it would simply be a matter of slight alteration of your scripts but possibly it is more effort than that. They have bought the Lockheed support service for Prepar3D but I don't think they will try to use it for many months. Let me know if you want to try to satisfy them now with ESP - as I said, this is just for a single copy so they can have a great demo at trade shows - not for resale to their customers. I am also helping them upgrade their hardware to an i7 at 4.0Ghz + Nvidia 480 world.

Archived