WIP - VH reg Lancair

Butch

Hi Guys,

What a gorgeous plane... a flying Coke bottle! Hehehe...

Just have to do a custom interior and its done. :)

Should be out at Ozx soon...

Cheers

Butch

Posted Image

[img width=1120 height=700]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/4922010_10_25_22_23_5_462.jpg

[img width=1120 height=700]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/6402010_10_25_22_1_57_718.jpg

[img width=1120 height=700]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/6162010_10_25_22_6_51_371.jpg

Yeah Butch. Thats right. ha. you really should know better.

;D

Don't suppose a VH-TGC paint similar to your Bonza scheme would be in order?

Great effort by the way Jared. Currently flying the tut from Tamworth to BrisVegas.

Cheers from FL21

Trev

Specy paint Butch !

Interesting that large paint areas on top of the wing are forbidden . Not the fuselage ? Same material is it not ?  Obviously harmful to the composites but why so ?

Sorry i meant fuzelage too ::)

Anything darker than a medium grey absorbes heat and can be harmfull to the structural integrity of the carbon fibre composite. (Think of sticking dry glue in a fire it comes out black and weak where it was hard and strong before.) The lancair is one of the best on the market for this since it can handle a lot more heat than fiberglass aircraft. The early dragonfly for example had a comment in the POH that states you shouldn't leave a credit card sitting on the wing for the same reason, ;) not that i would go around leaving credit cards on wings, it might get nicked ;D

Specy paint Butch !

Interesting that large paint areas on top of the wing are forbidden . Not the fuselage ? Same material is it not ?  Obviously harmful to the composites but why so ?

Not that it matters in a sim, but painting the wings or (often)  the top of the fuse in composite material constructed aircraft any colour other than white is forbidden to minimise the amount of heat absorbed by the material in direct sunlight.  FRP/FRN/FR-whatever composites are degraded by exposure to heat, and it doesn't take much sunlight to heat a wing up nice and hot unless that sunlight is being (mostly) reflected.  Have a read of the assembly manual for a kit-plane like a Jaba or any of the kit sailplanes, they pretty much all specify this requirement.

EDIT: Gah!  Jared beat me to it  ;D

Hi Gent,

Thanks very much for your replies, I never knew that there was a requirement NOT to paint dark colours. Well Australians have never really been known to be limited by rules and apparently neither does this bloke. :)

No worries Trevenator... I can do this one for you or I can to a 'his and his' version for us, plus I'll throw one in for Tony too. Hehehe...

Cheers

Butch

Posted Image

Archived