AU Traffic at Coolangatta YBCG

macismatic

Thanks to all at OrbX for AU Traffic 3.0!  I'm new to AI and having great fun, but my experiments (involving BOB sitting on the field at Coolangatta YBCG and watching the AI traffic) have generated a few questions about the programming methodology. First, how closely might we expect the AI traffic to mimic real movements? Does setting the FSX Traffic value to 100% generate the most realistic results, or is it 'over the top'? What programming factors affect the times of arrival and departure for AI traffic?

For instance, today's movements at YBCG began (as always?) at 0600 EST. Shortly after, a QANTAS B-738 departed, along with a couple of Virgin Blue flights. But whereas the VB flights are as scheduled, QANTAS (I believe) no longer flies to Gold Coast. Soon after, a scheduled JetStar A330 arrived bang on time from Osaka, but a domestic JetStar A320 scheduled for the same time didn't appear. Does this mean that AI programming can't handle simultaneous arrivals, or what?  Of course I understand that the real schedules do change and programmers can't help that! Please understand this is in no way a complaint - I'm just intrigued to learn something of the methodology of the system, and any factors which affect the flights which result. Just a few hints ... ? Thanks.

Ian Macdonald

Archived