(RESOLVED) Lancair - Invisible pilot and "squares" for engine smoke

Ark

Just picked up the Lancair and it seems great except for two issues...

My pilot is invisible (except for his hair and glasses) and the smoke from the engine start comes out as black squares.

I thought this was a shader issue but I have't messed with the shaders in a very long time and all of my other aircraft don't seem to have any issues. I tried the last Nvidia WHQL drivers as well as the current WHQL driver and niether yield any change with regards to these two issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sounds like some default shader and texture stuff is out of line.

Maybe some of the devs can name the missing things exactly but if not, consider a "repair" of FSX.  :-\

Thanks!

Yeah, you were correct. It was the shader/s. I deleted the two shader folders in "Local/Microsoft/FSX" and rebuilt them and all is well now. Strange, as I do'nt remember ever messing with them outside of Jesus's Shader 3.0 mod a long time ago, and I reverted back.

Oh well, works fine now. Note to self: Do not ever touch the shader file.  ;D

*EDIT* Thanks for the reply Jared. It looks as if CooP hit the nail on the head. The "square smoke" led me to beleive the shaders but I sort of crossed that our since everythig else seemed to work. Perhaps I did not do enough digging. Thanks again for the response.

Archived