FTX and the Alpha-Sim Cessna 170B

Guest Aussieman

Guest Aussieman

Purchased the Alpha Cessna C-170B tonight and took it for a flight from Bathurst to Richmond. Took my camera along too  ;D.

Not long after take off and on climb out:

Posted Image

Another view on climbout:

Posted Image

Instrument panel leaves a lot to be desired:

Posted Image

And again:

Posted Image

Cloud dancing:

Posted Image

Another side view:

Posted Image

Lithgow (my home town) below:

Posted Image

Lithgow is in a valley with mountains in the shape of a horse shoe. Unfortunately the Terrain mesh could not replicate it here. Still the Orbx team did a great job of rendering the town:

Posted Image

Looking back at some farmland in another valley:

Posted Image

On final to Richmond:

Posted Image

The Orbx team has made VFR flying in FSX that much better. The more I fly this scenery the greater workout the 'V' key gets.

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Pat

Geez, Pat - with that panel, I hope it was cheap: looks like early FS9 Freeware ported from FS2002, invisible perspex with clouds behind and missing instruments too... your screenies are great, though.  What a shame.  Hope they were upfront with its compatibility.

Guest Aussieman

Mark it was only $18 and is actually for FS9 but like most aircraft for FS9 I try them out in FSX.

The aircraft does leave a lot to be desired and it only has a VC and uses default gauges. Going to remove it from FSX as I feel my little experiment failed. But it did allow me to check my VFR skills with FTX  ;D.

Cheers

Pat

Archived