Getting white square aliasing on distant objects help!

davidv

Running my new system for a bit now, keep noticing i get these little white aliasing squares on distant objects, be it AI aircraft parked at the gates while I'm at the runway as in this screenshot, and sometimes on distant autogen objects. Any ideas how to fix this? Also in this pic the paint on the AI aircraft is all aliased in the distance, is that just mipmaps or is it aliasing?

I'm using latest nvidia drivers, nvidia inspector set to 8xS / 8x supersamping transparency.

Sorry for large screenshot but felt it's better not to resize for clarity on the issue. Just look at the AI aircraft for the white squares I'm talking about, and they appear regardless of the actual colour of the object (green autogen tree etc.)

Posted Image

Why did you update the driver? and why are your settings so low that PC of yours should be running the Graphics absolutely flat chat with the "Anisotropic Filtering" 16X,  AA "16Q",  AA Transparency "Supersampling", 

What are the other settings ?

Hi David,

I'd advice you to get the latest Beta driver from nVidia 260.89 released today ;D, they have added a substantial amount of improvements so it should be helpfull, at  least at this end I did not suffer any ill effects , maybe placebo effect but I got the impression it made things smoother.

Installed the beta driver, slightly better framerates, same jaggies.

Tried with inspector and without, no difference at all.

Here's a shot of my nvidia cp settings (no inspector installed right now, all profiles were reset to default on driver install).

Posted Image

And a screenshot of FS with these settings.

Posted Image

I tried 260.89 and it was giving me strange issues with lights (instead of a round ball they were big square blocks) so that's why I went back to the certified drivers.

I'll redownload inspector and try that again.

I'm setting the FSX AA to enabled and driver settings to "enhance application". I tried setting it to off and the driver to override but that didn't work, take it only way to get AA with nvidia and fsx is to enable and set enhanced?

Archived