just got gtx 480 sc want to install the right way need help

tommyov

i just got my gtx 480 and want to install it but i have heard bad thing about swicthing from ati to nvidia..i have the ati 5770 installled as we speak.. just want to know the proper steps to install the 480 and what driver works best for fsx... any help thing thing is burning a hole in my hand waiting.lol

I've never installed an Nvidia card after an ATI but if I'm right just take the ATI out of the case put the Nvidia car in it and the system will see it a a new hardware download and install the driver for it.......

After the install you may want to delete the ATI driver from your system.

i thought that is the way to go but...i am seeing everyone talk about driver cleaner.

so like this

1. uninstall ati drivers (from control)

2. shut down take card out/ install new card

3.install new drivers from nvidia

4. open fsx and have alot of fun?

i just uninstalled ati driver but it is still in features and programs, but when i try to uninstall it again it say no driver found..and my screen is still the same i thought it would have gone lower res.? should i shut the computer down and install my new gtx 480 and then the drivers?

just finished all went well. used driver sweep like you said, i guess all i have got to do now is test it im checking the setting right now with the nvidia control panel..any suggestions

No suggestions has I just ipgrated my rig and I am still testing.....others may be better than me for suggestions about Nvidia panel with i7 and window 7......good luck with your new hardware....

well dean if your like me, and most everyone is with this fsx addiction. the gtx 480 is the grand puba of cards, i was thinking of getting the gtx 470 but i knew

if i did it would always be in the back of my head *(what would the 480 be like, and eat me alive)* so i saved my self the melt down, and sold my

car/house/& girlfriend... i brought it home like a newborn in its electrostatic bag blanket,  i put it in the motherboards arms and gave it a warm bottle of psu.

and watched a stutter free pnw.. i can tell i will be very happy once i tune it.

will have more detail tomorrow

Archived