i7 - Speedstep - enable or disable

davidv

I have my system running nicely at 4.2ghz now, completely stable and happy there so not going to change the OC settings. Question is is it ok to enable Speedstep now and let the OS turn the clock speed down when I'm not going full tilt or is it better for stability / performance to just force the CPU to stay at 4.2 all the time? Is there any point in enabling it?

The UD3R mainboard is the first where i left it on - and guess what, it works... This intelligent tweaker is indeed quiet intelligent, the only thing i did was locking the RAM at the correct specs, set the divider and cranked up the FSB. Voltages are set correct by the BIOS itself, it seems like.

It's not a bad thing when it idles low... So if it works, why you should turn it off ?

The UD3R mainboard is the first where i left it on - and guess what, it works... This intelligent tweaker is indeed quiet intelligent, the only thing i did was locking the RAM at the correct specs, set the divider and cranked up the FSB. Voltages are set correct by the BIOS itself, it seems like.

It's not a bad thing when it idles low... So if it works, why you should turn it off ?

I'm just say'n that I was getting a very irregular system speed when using OCCT during a test.  Could also have been a autoshutdown thermal sensor.  That and CIE.  Every overclocking guide says to turn these off.

jja

Archived