Now that's different....cool

alainneedle1

Yes ive seen this advertised and looks like it has a good array of fans in it to keep everything very cool indeed dont really like the yellow bits on the case though but if it does a great job then you can ignore the colour ;D

Fully-modular chassis

- Open-frame mesh panel construction

- AirMountsâ„¢ HDD suspension mount system for up to 6 HDDs

- 6 x internal 3.5†HDDs

- 3 x external 5.25†HDDs

- 2 x internal bottom-mounted 2.5†SSD bay

- Advanced cooling system - up to 15 fans

- Standard Cooling: 2 x front variable-speed 120 mm blue LED fans with stepless control knobs, 1 x rear 120 mm TwoCoolâ„¢ blue LED fan, 2 x side 120 mm TwoCoolâ„¢ blue LED fans for graphics cards cooling

- Optional fans: 2 x 120 mm fan for CPU and memory cooling, 6 x 120 mm side drive bay fan and 2 x 120 mm top fan

- Water cooling support: Top water cooling radiator fitting and Rear water cooling grommets

- 8 expansion slots for triple graphics-card configurations

- Maximum graphics card size: 16†/ 406 mm

- Front I/O ports: 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 and Audio (AC’97 and HDA compatible) In and Out

- Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX

- Power supply not included

- Dimensions: 546 mm (H) x 269 mm (W) x 536 mm (D)

As i say it does look rather a good case and i like the clear mesh and how things slide in and out very easy access no doubt about that.

cheers

Iain

I think this one could be Emmsies Christmas present ive been looking at various cases including these ones Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case, And the Lian Li PC-X900B Full Tower Aluminium Case But i could save a good bit of money with one of these and it having mesh sides the heat shoud dissapear rather quick from the case,

cheers

Iain

Yes ive seen this advertised and looks like it has a good array of fans in it to keep everything very cool indeed dont really like the yellow bits on the case though but if it does a great job then you can ignore the colour ;D

They also have one with blue and one with red accents. Not really plenty of choice but it's better then the yellow in my opinion. Here is a link to the product page.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/global/product.php?id=NzA0MzE3

Kind regards,

Wouter

Thats torn it for Emmsie i dont think my Rampage will fit in this case it looks like it will only take a board up to about eleven inches where the Rampage is a bit over twelve inches so its back looking for me but i have time on my side wont have funds for about eight weeks a shame though the more i look into this case the more it grows on

you.

cheers

Iain

Sorry guys, gonna play devil's advocate here.  Looking for a new case for a new build at the moment.  I looked at this one a couple of weeks ago and I don't think it would actually be any good at all.  "Open" style cases and those with mesh sides are rarely a good idea, as any air you pump in just takes the path of least resistance out of the case again.  It is impossible to direct a channel of cool air through the case to cool all the passively cooled parts that rely solely on air movement to remain cool.  Of course, you could theoretically have every available surface covered in 120mm fans (15 of them!!!) all blowing at critical points, but that's the brute force solution to a problem with much more elegant options available.  Oh, and dust.  There's the dust.  Positive pressure will keep the dust out?  Where is that positive pressure coming from?  The fans of course... which are sadly unfiltered and will happily suck in dusty air just as easily as clean.  So... nice in concept, but I think this one stinks.  Antec do MUCH better options than this offering.

Cheers,

Derek

(PS:  Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong  ;D)

Archived