Sandybridge 4.9mhz multicore almost here - Demonstration video

Spirit Flyer_old

Looks very impressive dont it reaching that clock speed on air, The only drawback for me is having to buy a new board as well so i will not be buying when it is released. I will keep my set up and hopefully the 980 will come down in price then i will buy that instead.

cheers

Iain

Looks very impressive dont it reaching that clock speed on air, The only drawback for me is having to buy a new board as well so i will not be buying when it is released. I will keep my set up and hopefully the 980 will come down in price then i will buy that instead.

cheers

Iain

Yeap...I'm upgrading my rig as we speak so I'm good for another 2 years + and in 2 to 3 years they will probably have a Sandy Bridge 6 core (maybe eight) with a high default clock to start with and some new motherboard and CPU cooler so we can overclock higher.....it's always the same.....remember when the i7 came out....nothing fancy to start with compare to what we have today with the 980x, some good overclocking mobo and rams at 2000MHz > 2500MHz with low timing...

Just think Iain,

Asus Rampage IV.

This is the reason I have seven PC's in the house (some of those are laptops).

As I upgrade the tech goes down the line and then I sell of the lowest spec stuff. That way our house always has the latest technology.

Frank

Just think Iain,

Asus Rampage IV.

As I upgrade the tech goes down the line and then I sell of the lowest spec stuff. That way our house always has the latest technology.

Frank

I punt mine off on my business, right now one of our schedulers has a 4.0 Ghz Core2Duo with a 280 GTX, she loves how fast Quicken runs but always complains about the fan noise.  ;D

Just think Iain,

Asus Rampage IV.

Frank

But when you think about it, you get fairly less money when you sell your oldest stuff, for example if you have a computer for surfing, it has a Intel core 2 duo E8400 prosessor and a GTX260, then you have ur simming computer (which is really nice!) and now you're going to buy new one. When you would sell your current, you could still get alot of the money you spent on it back, and still be easily doing the surfing onthe E8400, since it is still up to the task for browsing web and light gaming. If you keep your current high-end untill next upgrade, it might drop the price heavily in year or two, so i'd suggest selling current pc, and leaving one pc that is perfect hardware for surfing to surf.

I usually keep some of the old parts from older computers when i upgrade, like i did keep my HDD and power supply and DVD drive for this comp. I would have kept my case too, but i didn't know antec 900's would get THAT dusty after one week only. So it was time to upgrade.

Archived