Free Flight screen

joemills

Last night I flew using the default setting in FTX Central and everything was normal.

Today I started FSX in the same mode and the aircraft on the free flight screen was grayed out and parts separated, I tried again and this time the aircraft was a silhouette in black. Nothing had been removed or added overnight.

Any ideas?

Joe.

I go to hospital tomorrow for a while, maybe someone will have an answer by the time I get home.

I haven`t had any problems with FSX for a long time and this would happen at this time. I hope it does not mean a re-install.

Will check replies when I get home.

See you lads, Joe.

Hi Joe,

first of all: good luck and be healthy soon!

Can you post your system specifications? Which Windows do you have, memory, graphic card and so on?

Your problem could also be the "out of memory" bug of FSX... although it usually happens when people fly complex aircrafts or a bug of the graphic card's driver. Best is to reboot the system and try again. Every now and then it happens.

If the problem persists, it might be a good idea to delete the FSX.CFG file and let it rebuild when you restart FSX. This also solves many strange issues.

Best regards,

Dirk

Best regards,

Dirk

Thanks for your best wishes lads, I came home today (Sunday) in some discomfort but FSX more important, I couldn`t stop thinking about the prob.

I deleted fsx.cfg with the same results, removed FSX GO with the odd feeling this was where the problem lay. Still no joy.

specs are:-

Asus P5Q m/board

Intel Core Duo E8400 o/c`d to 3.6MHz

4GB DDR2 800MHz

Radeon HD4850 (latest driver)

640GB HDD

XP Home

I know XP does not support 4Gigs of memory but no problems with that before.

Yours, Joe.

Yours

I deleted the cfg file last night and set up the default last night. I hoped that would fix it, but no.

I have decided to uninstall FSX and and install again and will post later today for some help in doing that. It seems the only way to cure this problem as it seems also that no-one has an answer to it.

Joe

Archived