Sound Card Question

marka

I have a Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card. What I would like to do is have FSX sound come out of the speakers and the VATSIM squawkbox client sound come out of the headphones.

From what I have read so far it doesn't seem possible, the only option that may work is to convert the headphones to USB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

Hiya

If you are using the XFI card as your main sound card then also enable your computers oboard soundcard. Use the onboard card set to headphones and use that for squawkbox and still use the xfi for everything else. This is what I have been doing for two years now and it works a treat.

Ken  :)

I do know that with ur mobo's on board  Realtek ALC889 codec (same chip with the UD7) that in the drivers you can configure the front panel audio jacks to be a separate playback and recording devices by going into the "Realtek HD Audio Manage"r the up the top left hand corner in "Device advanced settings" then you select "make front and rear output devices playback two different audio steams simultaneously." Then for Recording Devices select "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices."

Archived