Ozx freeware won't load with FTX NA Blue

Smokey Joe

I'm having a problem which I hope you can help with. I just bough FTX NA Blue and I also downloaded the Ozx NA freeware and objects library. I installed them as directed and made sure the freeware was at the top of the scenery order in FS, but when I load a flight, FSX hangs at 6%. When I remove the freeware, FTX NA Blue loads fine and I have an excellent flight experience. Do you have any ideas why this might be happening and how I might get the freeware airports going with FTX NA Blue. I do not have the Australian freeware installed.

Thank you for your help.

Well Smokey Joe,

First of all there is no need to blow your top in the way you just did, BUT, your issue is with the OZx addon and not with FTX as far as I can read from your post.

BUT to forecome any further "issue"

if you have installed the OZ_NA addon without having installed the OZx_AUS package you also should need to install a.) their Library files and b.) the small patch file as is stated on the OZx site in the download section are clear instructions on how to do it, to save you further "aggravation" I've copied them for you here so you do not need to go to the trouble of reading them at the OZx site.

File NameOZx NA 1.01 Installer by markwlee 

Submitted07 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Last Updated16 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

File Size584.83MB (Estimated Download Times)

Support TopicClick here to visit support topic => http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/5851-ozx-scenery-ozx-na-101-installer/

While you are waiting for your download to come in you can download the OZx NA 1.0 manual by clicking here please also make sure you read the information below:

OZx NA1.0_install.zip

This installs the OZx North American strips for ORBX's PNW area

If you already have OZx_AUS, ensure it is patched to 3.2 before installing OZx_NA.

You must also install the OZx_LIB libraries. which can be found by clicking here => http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1255

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Run NA1.0

2. Browse to your FSX directory Microsoft Flight Simulator X and continue

3. Repeat for OZx_LIB - which is REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER Installation: ensure the Scenery areas are showing and enabled in your FSX Scenery List with OZx_AUS at the top and OZx_NA immediately underneath it.

The following download patch is for those who DON'T have OZx_AUS so the FTXConfigurator can still do its job. It tricks FTXConfigurator into "thinking" you have OZx_AUS.

If your OZx_NA and OZx_LIB keep disappearing from your Scenery.cfg, you need this patch. You do not need this patch if you downloaded after August 11th, 2010

http://aussiex.org/ozxdistro/OZx_NA_1.0_Patch.zip

I hope this will resolve your "issue"

Happy Flights ! 8)

It amazes me how rude Americans can be!

They buy a payware item for a measely $40:00.... then get payware quality add on airfileds for FREE(I bet he wouldn't donate a dime to the OzX site) and then turn around and be so rude by demanding answers. Have you ever asked to be helped with your problem? Usually the guys here and at OzX will bend over backwards to find a solution to a problem.... and reasonably quick at that.

It makes my blood boil to see such arrogance go unanswered.

Cheers

Hank

Archived