New Toy - New Scenery

Blitzer

Setting out...

Posted Image

Low pass...

Posted Image

Heading for Mt. St. Helens...

Posted Image

I hope the cloud does not spoil the view...

Posted Image

Rugged terrain. Hard to imagine what it would have looked like prior to the eruption...

Posted Image

Turning back before the weather turns on me....

Posted Image

An active volcano is a good reminder how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things...

Posted Image

Hopefully just a shower, we're heading for clearer skys (the rain effect on the canopy both inside and out is excellent)...

Posted Image

Passing Tum Tum...

Posted Image

I was enjoying the scenery, plane and flight so much that I forgot all about descending...

Posted Image

So I was way above Walter's where I had come from and intended to return to...

Posted Image

With fuel and daylight to spare I set out over Portland heading for Starks instead...

Posted Image

Nearing Stark's, a useful landmark...

Posted Image

What great scenery, what a great plane, what a great trip...

Posted Image

Turning final...

Posted Image

Floating above the tarmac as the airspeed gently bleeds off...

Posted Image

Nice collection of shots!

I watched The Road the other day and I immediately recognized Spirit Lake with its carpet of floating tree trunks and the dead trees around it that they used as a post-apocalyptic backdrop in one of the scenes of the film. Really a strange place! I wonder what the explosion of Mt Saint Helens did look like from the Walter places.

I wonder what the explosion of Mt Saint Helens did look like from the Walter places.

Thanks Patrick. Scary I would have thought!  :o:)

It was quite an eye-opener when I returned home after the Buncefield oil terminal went up and that was hours after the event. I don't think I can imagine just how small and vulnerable you would feel in the vicinity of an erupting volcano.

Archived