3 Ways of Flying PNW

ryanbatc

I fly PNW and try to enjoy it but I still have some issues...

There's three ways I can fly PNW:

1) Virgin FSX.cfg, FPS unlimited

.... this equates to loaded textures but super stutters while flying (oddly enough the view panning with TIR is smooth)

2) Virgin FSX.cfg, FPS locked at 30

....this equates to loaded textures but really bad stutters while flying and while panning with TIR

3) Normal FSX.cfg and FPS Limiter program (locked at 30, in game set to unlimited)

....this equates to smooth flying and panning but textures not loading at all....  once I get beyond 100 kts I go fly away and the texture never catch up.

So what I've been doing is #1 that way no headaches with the smooth panning, but the stutters are annoying...

While NOT flying PNW, I use #3 and the textures DO load and it is smooth.

I don't understand while PNW can be so different....

What else can I try?

Interesting approach, Jigsaw. I've never heard of it for stutters, so I'll have to try it out.

ryanbatc, what worked for me with my admitedly older graphics card (GTX 8800) was to dial down the autogen just one notch from where it was for most other scenery. I usually run the DX10 mode because of the greatly increased frame rates and smoothness, but with this scenery, you lose so much with DX10 on. Perhaps when the new DX10 friendly textures come out things will improve.

Overall, running the autogen at the Mid range settings (my CPU is at 4 GHZ overclocked, but of course the card only has 728 MB or so, so that does put me in the mid range) gives a very satisfying result. I know this is really basic, but are you running the recommended settings?

Hmmm I'll try to lock lower. 

About the scenery settings ,I'm already set to normal autogen.  It doesn't look bad but the next level down does look nasty.  For some reason PNW just isn't as smooth as default scenery for me.  Once I exit the PNW coverage area flying is back to normal.

Arggh

Archived