Overclock question

Taph

Hi,

Reading Moritz's question on how to overclock, got me interested.

Is it possible to overclock a Dell Dimension 9200 Intel Core 2 Duo E66 ? I  believe Dell have locked the BIOS is there a way around this ?

Motherboard is Dell Inc Model OCT017, Bios Dell Inc 2.5.3

Taph

Taph, while it is true that Dell does lock their BIOS, you still might be able to overclock a little. I ran across this this website a while back that will show you what you will need to do. Just read everything first and afterwards you will need to decide if the risk is worth it. But it's worth a look. If you do decide to do it, it should (according to the website) overclock your E6600 to 2.8ghz.

http://www.starless.nl/overclock.html

Just remember, if you're going to overclock, you do so at your own risk.

David

Taph, while it is true that Dell does lock their BIOS, you still might be able to overclock a little. I ran across this this website a while back that will show you what you will need to do. Just read everything first and afterwards you will need to decide if the risk is worth it. But it's worth a look. If you do decide to do it, it should (according to the website) overclock your E6600 to 2.8ghz.

http://www.starless.nl/overclock.html

Just remember, if you're going to overclock, you do so at your own risk.

David

Hummm.......learning something new every day thank for posting the link.

Dell are horrible.... they built my Alienware into what I thought id be getting a proper gaming machine became a complete nightmare..

Nasty cheap parts and a bios locked down so tight... but I did manage replace my memory and update my bios. I can squeeze a max OC of 3.4ghz on my i7 but thats with using voltages most would use to get 4ghz!

Archived