Two screen setup.

Ron Attwood

Here's the scenario. Two screens, one for FSX and one for bits and bobs.

Here's the problem: Bits and bobs display ok and games, i.e. iRacing, netKar PRO and LFS display fine on the main screen. When it comes to firing up FSX both screens go black and the main screen displays FSX in the normal manner, leaving the bits and bobs screen black and unusable.

Any ideas? Please?  :)

EDIT: Just tried FSX and what I was able to do is drag a GPS window over to the other screen, which is handy.  :D But I still can't see any other windows that I KNOW are hidden under the black stuff! 

Are you using FSX in full screen? If so try hitting alt+enter to make it windowed. You should be able to use the other screen too then.

Yes I am using full screen. The things is I ought to be able to. The other games run in full screen, why not FSX?  ???

Now i'm in the guessing part of things as i don't have that much experience with 2 screens but it might be something in the code of fsx that doesn't allow it. I have the same thing but i prefer to use fsx windowed, they recommend that from ORBX. When i'm using it in fullscreen the same thing happens, a black second screen.

When FSX is running in full screen, you can drag all FSX windows in there, I.E you can put 2d panel in there and leave the main window for displaying scenery. OR, have GPS, FMS, navigation panel and stuff in second screen, while main screen is running VC.

But to show Plan-G in second monitor, for example, you need to run FSX in windowed. That is the price to pay for it.

edit: And yes, the black screen is a feature of fsx.. For the example i gave. My friend runs 4 panels so that 1 panel is lower on the desktop, showing 2D panel and 3 panels hanging on his wall showing the 2d cockpits view forward, forward-left and forward-right.

I just noticed that when you undock the panel, you can switch it to second screen, when if its docked you can only have it at main window. But when undocked you can move it anywhere you want. On windowed mode, ofcourse.

Now i love my windowed mode even more  8)

Archived