Randoms of the Islander and the Super Cub

Patrick , out of interest ,you probably got the accusim Cub too . How does this one compare to it when you up and flying ?

I think the A2A Cub feels more "organic", just more real. You can really tell that there are more physics at work under the hood. But having said that the Flight Replicas Super Cub doesn't feel too bad either. It has a nice nose dipping reaction when you deploy or retract the huge flaps which takes a little getting used to but which also is realistic. It's pretty good for not using an external flight physics module.

As far as the modelling is concerned the A2A Cub is a clear winner as well. The cockpit of the Super Cub looks too sterile and toyish, a little bit like the one of the RealAir Scout, and the same is true for the external paint. There is no shading, no ambient occlusion and the white colour is too bright. The A2A Cub looks much better in that department as well.

Here is an early and unfinished attempt of me modding one of the paints to a more realistic look. I still plan to do that for some, if not all, of the Super Cub paints, but I rarely find the time or the mood to get to work on that:

Posted Image

It's a good plane that I can recommend, even if it's not first rate in all areas.

Great shots mate!  What enbseries settings are you using in those first few islander shots?

The first shot uses Tim's settings, that you can find over at the REX forums) in combination with an alterered enbpalette.bmp file. I just desaturated the palette that Tim provided and added a little bit of yellow.

The rest of the Islander shots use John Venema's settings that are on the forum here somewhere.

Archived