VJ Day

John York

Touching services have been going on all day here in various parts of Britain to commemorate the thousands of lives lost and ruined during the last part of world war two in the Far East.

And not only among the servicemen and women, many civilians (like my wife) were caught up in it too.

You would have thought after that madness the world would become a kinder place.  That unfortunately has not proved to be the case and it seems the world's politicians still often think wars are the only way to resolve differences.

I know I'm p..............g  in the wind but let's hope the current difficulties throughout the world can soon be resolved and the money presently being wasted on useless conflicts spent instead on disaster relief, poverty eradication,  medical science and space exploration.

Unfortunately, I won't see it in my lifetime but I hope you younger ones do in yours.

John  (:( at the moment)

Sadly, there will always be war going on in this world, there is a because... and there is an until...

But if I wrote what I believe, I would be banned forever, so there's no point talking of things that are not airplane related or ORBX related.  :-X

Archived