Rebuilding FSX CFG - any bad effects on ORBX?

Tailgunner

I notice that AU Traffic 3 automatically deletes prior versions in the FSX cfg. Which raises a question. I'm on the point of deleting/rebuilding my cfg. Could that in any way damage any of my many ORBX installs? And if not, would it be best to do the rebuild before or after installing AU Traffic 3?

I prefer to simply rename the current fsx.cfg file that way you can always go back to just how it was before FSX creates a new one. My standard renaming is simply to append the date to the end of the fsx.cfg file, e.g. fsx_14_Aug_2010.cfg

It literally takes a few seconds to revert it back if things don't work out then, plus the filename gives you a good idea of when things were last changed. Of course once you are happy with the new cfg file there's nothing to stop you deleting the backups.  ;)

Blitzer is correct, and another recent post by me was answered Mr. Venema himself and he suggested I do exactly that.

I was skeptical but John has forgotten more about FSX than I will ever know so I did it, and I'll be damned!!  It was like a bunch of junk had been clogging the pipe and suddenly they were all flushed.

Funny thing is I reinstalled my old cfg to check myself and it was also performing better after the "flush".  I ended up using my new CFG anyway and it really helped.

Good luck.

Archived