Playing Tim Fuchs' ENB Settings

I just found out that Tim Fuchs of REX fame has provided a special config for the ENBSeries mod that includes a palette file for especially dramatic effects. He calls it ENB+.

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=7467.0

This is what my sim looks like with his settings:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is what my sim looks like after I changed the colours of the palette file to a warmer tint. It's just a first test and it's a little extreme, but with a little tweaking and experimenting this can make for quite the cinematic look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest J van E

Yes, you can get some nice 'on-the-fly-Photoshop-effects' by using that palette option! I never use it though because I like my colors a bit more real and this option gives EVERYTHING a certain color. Nice for artistic screenshots though! :)

BTW it's not a 'special config' which Tim provided, because this palette option simply is an existing ENB option (check your old ini's and manual! ;) ) and so not something 'plus'... But well, no one hardly uses this option or offers a download for it, so I guess that explains the 'plus'... ;)

BTW it's not a 'special config' which Tim provided, because this palette option simply is an existing ENB option (check your old ini's and manual! ;) ) and so not something 'plus'... But well, no one hardly uses this option or offers a download for it, so I guess that explains the 'plus'... ;)

Ah, okay. That makes sense. ;)

How do I edit the enbpalette.bmp fil (ignorance is bliss) - never been into painting but when I "tried" I had some strange effects.

That's hard to say without knowing what the graphics program that you use can do. The easiest way is to just take the palette file that comes with Tim's ini and to change the colour with the Hue and Saturation settings that many graphics programs have. Or you make your own gradient with a gradient tool that should also be availabe. That's usually as easy as selecting that tool, picking the colours that you want in the gradient (for example black, blue and white in the original file) and drawing a line from left to right with gradient tool. Like I said. It's hard to say from a distance. Just have a look around in your painting program and experiment a bit. I'm sure you will find the setting that you need.

And now for something completely different: Here are some shots from a multiplayer session using the same palette settings as before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I suppose different sytems and monitors may produce different default colours or hues. Could be one way of 'tuning' in the colour, but I feel sure the developers wouldn't release things unless they are happy abot colours .

Worth the effort ? Fun to play with though.

I suppose different sytems and monitors may produce different default colours or hues. Could be one way of 'tuning' in the colour, but I feel sure the developers wouldn't release things unless they are happy abot colours .

Worth the effort ? Fun to play with though.

Of course these settings are way too extreme, like I said above. But on the other hand you are putting a little too much faith into the developers of FSX, too. The default lighting of FSX lacks contrast, brightness and warmth. It's one of the biggest shortcomings of the FSX engine: even on the sunniest of days in FSX the landscape looks as dull as if there were a bleak overcast. Not at all what a sunny day looks like in the real world. The ENBseries mod, with more subtle settings than displayed here, rectifies that problem a little bit and makes the scenery look more lifelike. Worth the effort? Without a doubt.

Actually Im am slightly colour blind which, apparently , is a common male thing.  I still see the blue, green ,red etc and everything looks normal to me , as it would I dont know any different. Maybe you could post your pallette and I could give it a whirl or maybe tell me what adjustments were made. 

Archived