Problem configuring extra Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Holy Cheese

Hi,

I'm having a bizarre problem which I do not seem to be able to solve.

I have the Pro Flight Yoke, pedals and an extra throttle quadrant. Two weeks ago I built a new pc with Win 7 64 bit as the OS. On my old computer with Vista 32 bit everything worked perfectly.

Now however on the new machine I cannot assign the controls I want to the extra Throttle quadrant.

I want to set (from left to right) Engine 2 Prop, Engine 1 Mixture and Engine 2 Mixture. I'm doing this within FSX and can make the assignments there ok, but when I then start to fly, the Engine 2 prop lever moves both Engine 2 prop and Engine 1 mixture, the Engine 1 mixture lever also moves the same two, and the engine 2 mixture lever does not travel smoothly on the sim but jerks about half way through the range.

Checking the devices in device manager in the control panel, they are all working flawlessly.

Before I got to this stage, I was having wierdness where the toe brakes were also either moving the engine 1 mixture lever, or turning the aileron axis.

Steps I have already taken:

I deleted all axis assignments in FSX (both Normal and Slew) and re-aassigned them.

I let FSX build a new Config.

I uninstalled and re-installed all the latest Saitek drivers.

I tried to re-calibrate by deleting the registry entries for the devices as mentioned in various posts (V63A or something, can't remember now) on the Saitek forum.

I tried to set assignments in a registered version of FSUIPC - it does not recognize the levers which are causing me problems.

I tried to make the assignments in SST software, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how that works.

I'm completely at a loss as to how to get this working properly and hope someone can help with this problem. I've also posted this over at the Saitek forum, but I think they have a little bit to learn from ORBX when it comes to customer service  ;).

Thanks

Jack

Hey Jack.  I also run all Saitek yoke,pedals,av8tr joy,switch panel, extra throttle quadrant. My problems with these are when i load drivers. Also in the fsx controls panel. I have to assign each product indavidualy and delete the buttons that are assigned the same on each prefreal.  anotherwords my pedals wont work right unless I delete the rudder button on my joystick, or my yoke wont work right unless i delete the throttle on my stick. ::)  This might help.

Thanks guys.

Brian, that was a great tutorial and it has solved my problem for me - I think it looks like I had forgotten to disable the controllers before trying to set up in FSUIPC.

Now only one problem left, and that is with the pan view switch on the yoke. As the guy points out in his tutorial, it doesn't work too well under FSUIPC, so I'll need to get round that somehow.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Jack

Hi jack.

The panvieuw is a bit tricky in fsui.

Fiddle around a bit in fsui and it will work.

Not so fluidly as in fsx but it works

Otherwise the best solution  buy EZdok camera and your in heaven ;D

And if the you still have somme money left combine it with  Track IR5 this is the cherry on the cake ;D

You never fly without it 8)

Grtz

Brian,

I ended up doing what the guy in the tutorial said and re-enabled the controllers to be able to use the hat switch on the yoke properly - works fine.

I do have TrackIR 5 and use it when I am in the VC, but for spot view I prefer the hat switch.

Cheers

Jack

Archived