MS Flight Sim for RW Pilots

vmx

I picked up a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Real World Pilots as I'm about to commence training for a CPL (after being away from flying for 20 years) and wanted to see if it would help.  Well, after shooting VOR approaches all night before finally nailing, it I can say that it's well worth a read.  The author's have made saved flights available to go along with the chapters which is really useful.

Add Carenado's Mooney M20J to it and it's a great challenge.  You really notice how your scan has to step up several notches to be in the ball-park. Great fun!

Yes I quite enjoyed the book too, fun to read and a good variety of flying. Good luck with the CPL, I'm returning to Oz tomorrow after being away for a year, so I'm looking forward to getting back in the air again too.. All I have to do is find where the 'V' key is in the 206. Haha

All I have to do is find where the 'V' key is in the 206. Haha

If that's the C206 (not the B206), I gotta say that I just love that old workhorse. Flew one for a station back in the 80's, cargo pod and all.  The cargo pod was especially good for catching the avgas from a fuel line leak I once had from Bris to the Gulf - that was an 'oh crap' experience!

Archived