First flight with the BN-2 Islander

Guest Northwest Pilot

Wow, very nice set of shots! I'm tempted as well after seeing these and hearing it's on sell.  :-\

Cool set Patrick!

Wow, very nice set of shots! I'm tempted as well after seeing these and hearing it's on sell.  :-\

My opinion of the Islander is that while it's not an outstanding aircraft like the A2A Cub with Accusim, but it is still a very good plane to fly and IMO has it's own character that is appealing. I find the exterior paint (default) a little bland, but the cockpit is a nice place to be, and as you spend most of your time there that's no bad thing. It's certainly worthy of virtual hanger space and worth grabbing while the 25% off offer is still running.

Patrick - love the shots, showing it off really well. I think I know what we'll be flying next during our Oz tour.  ;)

Guest Northwest Pilot

Although I would love to give this one a try, I fly 99% of the time in PNW where the BN-2 is not seen. I'll have to fight off the urge and wait for the Caravan.

But boy that VC sure looks fun.

Although I would love to give this one a try, I fly 99% of the time in PNW where the BN-2 is not seen. I'll have to fight off the urge and wait for the Caravan.

But boy that VC sure looks fun.

Oh, but there is/was!  Chris Brisland has done a wonderful repaint of a San Juan air Islander, and there are a couple of 'N' registered Islanders over at Simforums that operate in the PNW, so no excuses mate!  ;)

Guest Northwest Pilot

Oh, but there is/was!  Chris Brisland has done a wonderful repaint of a San Juan air Islander, and there are a couple of 'N' registered Islanders over at Simforums that operate in the PNW, so no excuses mate!  ;)

Awww c'mon Dale! You're making it really hard for a man not to spend his money on every addon.  ;)      Instant download makes it even harder.  :-\

That's good to know for future reference. Thanks for the heads up!

Great screen shots! That airplane is a GEM! It flys great, has an awesome VC,. The only gripe I have with this airplane is the loud gyro buzz but I have learned to live with that. Boy oh boy, is the rattle and vibration of the instrument panel cool or what? Well congrats on the flight and wonderful job with your screen shots. My next project will be learning how to make high quality videos in FSX. If anyone has any tips or advise, please don't hesitate to pass it on. You can reach me at N058BM@backcountrypropclub.com

And another really nice thing about this bird, it bullet proof.

When I have a few problems with FSX or the settings are needing a tweak here or there, call up the Islander and test with it. It's just made to last.

I love it and will be slapping on a few new paints for it in the near future,

Frank

And another really nice thing about this bird, it bullet proof.

When I have a few problems with FSX or the settings are needing a tweak here or there, call up the Islander and test with it. It's just made to last.

I love it and will be slapping on a few new paints for it in the near future,

Frank

Hate asking Frank, I know you are busy prepping for the arrival of a certain 737, but would you be up to doing a 'Par Avion' repaint for me on the Islander mate?  There are some good pics over at airliners.net.  ;)

Thanks guys!

Although I would love to give this one a try, I fly 99% of the time in PNW where the BN-2 is not seen.

If I would restrict myself to things that are done in the real world I wouldn't be flying at all, because I don't have a pilot's license. ;)

Seize the opportunities of the simulator, which by definition is not only meant to simulate things that are actually being done in the real world but also to simulate things that could be done in the real world. And the Islander certainly is a fitting aircraft for the Pacific Northwest. Oh btw, I'm not affiliated in any way with Flight1. ;D

Archived