Graphics Surpirse

tennyson

Last night, in an effort to install as many monitors as I have in the house, on my FSX machine (just joking of course!), I found out that you can attach a fourth monitor to an existing triple head2go setup.

I was led to believe that the second di-sub could not be used on a video card, if you were running triple head2go.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I am now able to run my three FSX/FTX screens in full screen and undock as many secondary views to my fourth monitor by just dragging across to the left.

I thought all my Christmasses had come at once and now I'm gonna build my new pit to fit just that config.

Frank

Any impact on FPS?

Any special settings to make somewhere to make it work? Can it be a different res. screen without distorting picture?

Bjorn

FPS seems to be the same whether I display things on the main 3 screens or drag them to the 4th screen.

The 4th screen is running at a different res than the 3 main screens.  Only thing I had to do in FSX is to make sure I put the proper res in for the 4th screen....you do that in the Graphics tab of the Display - Settings section....under "Device...."  if you click on the drop down there are two choices  <graphicscardname.0> and <graphicscardname.1).  You can choose a different res for each choice....the first one should be the primary display (my 3 screens) and the 2nd one can be the 4th screen that you plan to drag things to....

Hope this helps.

Stiletto2

Beat me to it.

My 3 screens are 24" wideys 16:9 and the fourth monitor I plugged in is a 19" 4:3 monitor.

As Stiletto said, I just plugged it in and away it went. I checked the Nvidia panel and that's where you can configure each individual screen.

It's so good, now I'm working on a plan to incorporate it in my new cockpit,

Frank

Will nHancer pose any troubles in this setup? I will have an extra monitor available in september and it would be neat to have some gauges on that extra screen.

B

The 4th screen is just a part of the desktop.  I believe the 3D settings apply to all the screens.  I use nHancer wtihout any problems.

Stiletto2

Archived