Ranger Creek in OZx NA scenery?

I saw those awesome preview screenshots for Ranger Creek 21W here but then installed the Ozx freeware airport pack for PNW and the ranger creek I have in game is nowhere near the quality of the one seen in the preview shots...

Is this a different version of it I am seeing?

My version:

Posted Image

Preview version:

Posted Image

I saw those awesome preview screenshots for Ranger Creek 21W here but then installed the Ozx freeware airport pack for PNW and the ranger creek I have in game is nowhere near the quality of the one seen in the preview shots...

Is this a different version of it I am seeing?

Your version is not OZx........the release OZx Ranger Creek looks just like the Preview version.....except even better on my 3 screen system.......there is a number 33 in white on the runway.......halfway down the runway Ranger Creek is painted on the Runway in bold white block letters.....and there are lots more trees and grasses etc.   

I would recommend checking in Scenery Libary to make sure you have OZx's two scenery entries enabled and that they are above PNW entires and that the NA OZx entry is on top.

Hope this helps.

Stiletto2

That was the problem thanks!  I thought it was installed automatically just like PNW.... but I had to manually add it to the scenery library!

Actually it should insertl the scenery library entries automatically once you cycle FTX Central from FSX Default back to North America.  A few people have had problems with this cycling so just to make sure, cycle FTX Central back to FSX Default and then back to North America and make sure that the new OZx library entries are still sitting above the PNW libary entries.  If they are, all is working fine on your system.  If the two OZX library entries disappear when you cycle back to North America, then you may have a problem that only seems to exist in a few systems and is talked about in this thread on the OZx forum:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5944

Hope this helps.

Stiletto2

Am I supposed to install any FTX addons with the central config set to Default???  I haven't touched the ftx central application lol

You can install the OZx NA addons with North America engaged or with FSX Default engaged.  Doesn't matter for that add on.  I cannot speak for any other addons.  The only difference is that if you install the OZx addons with NA engaged then you have to go back to FSX Default and then back to NA for FTX Central to auto load the two OZx scenery library entires.  You could of course manully link the two ozX scenery libRaries the first time if you did not want to cycle back to FSX Default.  FTX Central always loads the FTX or OZx scenery library entries when you go from FSX Default to North America.

Hope this helps.

Stiletto2

Archived