Fun to find!

KenWood

Well, after much searching and *trying* to not use Plan G or GE kmz (other than to get general direction and distance), and of course the OZx3.2 directions file - I found this small camp-site and special landmark way out there in WA , an interesting National park to see...

Posted Image

Wolfe Creek Meteor Crater National Park

Must say Meatycus and Squeeker did a nice job blending into the FTX area coverage!

Well done!

Cheers,

Ken W.

Well done.  I must admit to being lazy.  I don't go to find things, they just find me and I'm constantly being pleasantly surprised like; 'I didn't know that was there?!.  Let's have another look'.  Then I continue my flight.

Ok, I know I probably miss as much as I find, but there you are, what you don't see you don't really miss do you?

I liked the picture.  It made something out of what is mainly a very boring landscape.

John

Hi All - thanks for the comments. JohnY  - not really about being lazy, one finds things however one does!  ;) The beauty of scenery like this is to me - choose a spot or two to go to and see what is in between - so in many ways I do like you. But I enjoy trying to plan out trips and see how well I can spot things.  Example:

Posted Image

Whilst flying around the Montville /Flaxton area the other day, I happened across this house which *appears* to be sinking. Interesting shot, so I snapped it. These are the things I enjoy seeing as it gives validity to the landslips which I will (says sheepishly) assume happen in this area, like many that happen in NZ with heavy rains.  Guessing it was Autogen attempting to display a ranch style layout, but the matching up was a tad off...  ;)

But I do enjoy searching out what the scenery gurus have come up with... Wind farms, small airstrips, etc. It is just fun to see what they come up with to help represent the country.

Next round will be from PNW scenery... some of the areas I lived in - see how well it compares to real spots. against GE shots, etc.  So far my flying around *has not been* a disappointment! ORBX Team has done a stupendous job of capturing the the PNW !  My hat is tipped to all of the developers, ORBX and OXz groups - for their efforts. They have certainly realized for me a much more real flying environment to date!

Many cheers!

Ken W.

Archived