MCP Pro

jblb2009

Hi everyone

I thought I would share my dissapointment with you all.

Yesterday I finally made my purchase of my 4th piece of hardware, the MCP Pro.  Very anxious to receive this I was notified by the store located in Melbourne that they are out of stock and I have to wait until next week when they have new stock to be delivered. Wish I knew this when I was making my purchase, they didnt seem to provide any info on the website about it not being in stock.

Like most people on here I take my flight simming very serious and the dream of building my very own home cockpit is underway except this minor set back.

Does anyone else feel like this when purchasing new software and hardware, maybe i'm just to excited to get my hands on this after forking out $660 on this purchase?

John

It's happened to me with computer hardware with a company here in Sydney on a few occasions, I nowadays ring before I order from them to verify that they have the goods in stock before I put my online order in.

If you're talking about the GoFlight module our friends at FlightSimStore have them for $649.95.

Could have saved yourself a few pennies and dealt with the best guys in the business.

Let us know how it goes will you? I'd be keen to know.

Frank

I have never purchased with them, do they have an Australian distributor or is it shipped from oversea's.

The cost was $660 with express shipping, whats the point in express shipping which cost more if they are out of stock and you have to wait  ???

The cost was $660 with express shipping, whats the point in express shipping which cost more if they are out of stock and you have to wait  ???

Yeah that sucks. I just had a scare with my hardware that I just orderd. They said they delivered it but I didn't receive it. I was packing it but luckily they hadn't delivered it so I'm picking it up on Monday morning. Very excited with what's coming :)

I finally received my MCP PRO yesterday and put it to use.  Unfortunately the problem i'm having now is the thing freeze's during flight and if i disconnect and reconnect the computer runs so slow and i have to restart my PC.

Any suggestions on this one?

John

John,

I'm no expert, but having had the MCP Pro from VRInsught, I had lots of problems too. It probably isn't the MCP.

I'd say, take a look at your PC first.

Then check that you have the latest and best MCP driver for your system.

I know these things are hit and miss and it takes some time to fine tune them and get them running just right.

Keep us up to date, will ya. Did you also see that there is a comment on the PMDG site about the compatibility for MCP's with the forthcoming 737 NGX.

Frank

I finally received my MCP PRO yesterday and put it to use.  Unfortunately the problem i'm having now is the thing freeze's during flight and if i disconnect and reconnect the computer runs so slow and i have to restart my PC.

Any suggestions on this one?

John

Hi John,

The MCP Pro uses alot of power and is very susceptable to different USB hubs - its a very frustrating experience to get it to work properly. The best advise I can give you is to plug the MCP PRO directly into the USB port of your PC. If you have to use a hub, make sure its a USB1 type (Go Flight seems to hate USB2's) and its powered so that 500ma can be delivered.

You'll also find turning the dials in slow bursts will stop it freezing.

If you google the device/issue, you'll see we are not alone with this problem.

Best wishes

Steve

Terrific, that was the same problem I was having with the VRInsight MCP as well.

I was hoping to update to the Go Flight one for realism and because I'd heard they're rock solid. Is this not the case?

Frank

Hi Frank,

There was an issue with the version of the MCP Pro, but thats all history now (it needs to be A22). Some people have no problems and some of us do. At the moment, mine is running OK, but I had to turn off USB2 support in windows by disabling the USB2 device in device manager and plugging the MCP Pro directly into the PC.

As with everything in flight simming, your mileage may vary  :)

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the input,  I managed to get a hold of GoFlight and they suggested what you have, plug it directly into the PC instead of a Hub.  This has fixed the problem, the only freezing I'm getting is from turning the dial to fast so its just slow inputs now.

Its a great piece of hardware, beats using the mouse wheel :)

John

Hey Guys,

Thanx for starting this thread.

I was all ready to buy a new MCP and then I thought I'd try plugging my existing MCP directly into the PC.

This, together with a new software download and the inclusion of FSUIPC has done the trick.

It's all working as per advertised. Woohoo!

Even tho the VRInsight unit doesn't look as good as the GoFlight module, it does have a built-in EFIS and Radio panel.

I'm gonna stick with it for now anyway,

Thanx again, guys for your good advise,

Frank

Archived