Logitech X56

Matt_B_1978

Hi all, I just received a brand new Logitech X56 as a Father's Day gift from my kids and am keen to get cracking with it. However, I am finding the button assignments nothing short of a disaster. Does anyone have a profile they can share with me? I love Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 but really hate the keyboard assignments they've set up. It was SOOOOO much easier in P3D and FSX. Now they just make no sense to me whatsoever. So can anyone help me out with a profile for the X56 and keyboard? Your help will go a long way to preserving my sanity!

• 2 weeks later...

Matt

I'm fairly low tech, but I know your thread is important; cos I have recently bought the excellent X-56 myself. Nice and chunky. Why fly an aeroplane with thumbs on tiny Xbox buttons? I'm sorry not to answer your Q tho' I think my reply is relevant.

My settings FOR P3D (v5.4 & v6) (I prefer the green spring on the joystick). For the throttle I've physically separated the 2 levers, on AXIS ASSIGNMENTS I've made the Y-axis  for the throttle (the right hand lever), and the X-axis for the mixture, and the wheel (button 2) on top of the throttle, is the Z-axis for the elevator trim. For KEY ASSIGNMENTS, the wheel (buttons 30/31), on top of the mixture lever is for propellor , I've selected the front set of buttons as button 6/7 for parking brake, button 8 for gear up/down, (button 9 for views), button 10/11 for flaps retracted/extended.

As to MSFS , I found everything over-reactive "twitchy"/chaotic. so I'm experimenting. I cannot explain "why" but things seem much more stable after I went into controls\throttle\sensitivity and then in the sensitivity section window I moved the slider to 0% so that the S-curves turned into straight lines.

Just like you, Matt, my next step is to try and impose the above X-56 throttle settings/buttons for P3D onto MSFS: so I don't get confused with different arrangements and because my settings/buttons above seem intuitively correct to me.

Dizzying stuff!

Good luck

Rod 

EGBB

Edited by rod321
added a word for meaning

Hi Matt

so I followed above helpful video and I've reset my x-56 throttle axes and buttons for MSFS to be very similar to my 'profile' above re P3D; except I couldn't find a control to allocate to propellor (increase 'n decrease), so I'll just use my mouse to drag the prop up 'n down.

Bonus, for ease and consistency with P3D,  I've changed my button on the X-56 stick, for MSFS, so that the trigger (button 1) is the brake  instead of button 5 at the base and back of stick.

Hope all of this is of interest.

Rod

EGBB

Hi Matt

so I've made myself a small memory aid (laminated card size), I need it these days, of my throttle settings; put card down on back of X-56 throttle. I've made it cos the small differences for P3D and MSFS might confuse me.

(I haven't made reference to keyboard in these posts cos I don't fell like using it for flight sim)

Rod

EGBB blue sky, mow lawn, storms, beer, beer etc

X-56 throttle settings.docx

Hi Matt

and more!

I've allocated the TGL buttons on the right side of X-56 throttle for LIGHTS. As attached. I might chose to use 'em or just use mouse to click on aircraft switches. As you see from the attached, this worked neatly for MSFS but for P3D only 2 buttons/light settings were applicable (tho it's still handy to flick the landing lights with TGL 2)

Rod

EGBB maybe I shouldn't have put that tenner on Wolverhampton Wanderers ("Wolves")

X-56 throttle set lights.docx

Hello there Rod

Thank you for the video on configuring contollers in MSFS.

The explanation on the sensitivity settings and the fine tuning of the extremity deadzones was a big help in fixinig my continual wandering rudder issues.

I'm also using the RX-56 contoller and no longer do my tail draggers fishtail along the runways.

From another happy sim pilot.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1

added the button numbers to my card, as attached.

And other stuff for interest (my daughter lives on former site of RAF Longbridge (Austin works) and the photos are from there, back in the day. When I visit her, I am always appreciative of this history; very moving

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/16-amazing-photos-from-the-battle-of-britain

4. Austin Built S.E.5A Fighter. 1917.jpg

16. Hurricane on cable-lift; Flight Shed to airfield. 1940.jpg

18. Hurricane taking off from Longbridge. 1940.jpg

19. Shadow Factory Tunnels. Plane assembly. 1940s.jpg

X-56 throttle settings.docx

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fellow Simulator Pilots, 

re x56 Joystick (and therefore the range of other controllers)

a couple of things

1. above, I've mistakenly recommended the GREEN spring. In correction, I now recommend fitting the smallest, BLUE spring. With blue, ground steering is easier and more responsive, less twist-force needed

2. especially for the tall x56 joystick (and also the shorter throttle), I recommend, if your seat allows, to raise the seat-arms and keep your ELBOWS GROUNDED on the seat arms. I believe I've developed painful muscle/tendon strain by keeping my arms held in mid-air for, say, hour-plus flying

Cheers,

Rod

EGBB