Windows blocks AUGold

mknorr

Does anyone know what may be wrong? I have downloaded the file and when I try to extract it I get the message "Windows has blocked access to these files to help protect your computer"???

I have right clicked on the zip and unblocked it but keep getting the same message.

Many thanks for any help provied.

I did a search on what UAC was and in a wiki it said this is something introduced with Vista. As I am using XP pro I take it this does not apply? Actually I think this is the first time I ever looked in User Accounts  :P

So any other hints?

I have tried windows XP default unzipper, wirrar and winzip. I have tried re downloading the file. I have tried directly unzipping and unzipping to a folder. Winzip gave me this message near the completion. "WinZip was unable to extract 'OrbxFTXAUGold.exe', terminating operation."

My anti virus is BigPond Security version 3. "Anti-Virus © 2007 by Command Software Systems, Inc.; Portions Copyright 1993, 2007 FRISK Software International."

ADRIAN!!!!  ;D

I turned off BigPond Security Centre and so far so good.  ;)

I never though anti virus software would prevent an unzip operation.

Thanks champ!

I never though anti virus software would prevent an unzip operation.

Great to know you're looking good!

I suppose the fact that it does prevent you from accessing a file from a zip is a good thing, if it were actually a virus. But in this case I would assume the virus package you are using may be detecting the wrapper as a false positive. Not a rare occurance with software that doesn't keep itself updated or the updates it does retrieve are a little unreliable. These things generally sort themselves out within in a few definition updates. :)

Archived