These look good

- Capacity: 450GB

- Cache: 32MB

- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s

- Spin Speed: 10000RPM

- Seek Time: 3.6ms

- Warranty: 5 Years

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-344-WD

Yes they are good.....this one is the same but 600GB for $279.99us.....  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136555

And the 300gb is 377 bucks here in Oz.

Thay also have SATA III 6gb/sec drives right up to 2gb now as well.

Great choices to be had. SSD's better get their finger out or the pendulum is gonna start swinging back the other way,

Frank

These look good.

Just gonna put it out there, I don't think that SSD's will hit mainstream markets (outside of netbooks of course) for at least another 3-5yrs. The drives remain small-ish, expensive and outside the needs of most consumers.

Stephen,

I probably wouldn't have agreed with you six months ago, but at the moment, the SD industry is dead.

I've been watching and waiting for them to start producing decent sized drives and would have been happy to pay a grand for a 500gb SSD (instead I paid a grand for a 160gb drive six months back, that is now selling for around 600 bucks), but the industry is stagnant.

I cannot believe that they cannot produce 500gb or 1TB SSD drives at a competitive price at this stage. Controllers and trim are now sorted and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of R&D left to do with them, so let's gooooooooo!!!

Frank

Those specs are shocking seek time 3.6 mS that is over 10 times slower than my very old Seagate I do hope you actually mean uS

I have said it before and by George I'll say it again  ...  " It matter's not how fast your HDD is ....  if your  the I/O cannot match or exceed the HDD read write through put and pass it to the GPU you are wasting both time and money.

Archived