Sound Troubles

Every now and then, randomly and frequently I get a brrr..ing type of sound distortion.  It is not always, but seems mostly associated with a big visual stutter.

Separately (but not with the sound problem) I can get a super stutter that stops the flight for some seconds, and I have learned to be patient and touch nothing, because the flight will resume after a short intermission.

Now I have been experimenting with giving FSX a High Priority through the Task Manager, and that could be a problem.  Also HT might be part of the equation.

On the other hand it could be quite simple, and if any one has cured this problem, I would be grateful for some ideas.

Guest AS355F

Every now and then, randomly and frequently I get a brrr..ing type of sound distortion.  It is not always, but seems mostly associated with a big visual stutter.

Separately (but not with the sound problem) I can get a super stutter that stops the flight for some seconds, and I have learned to be patient and touch nothing, because the flight will resume after a short intermission.

Now I have been experimenting with giving FSX a High Priority through the Task Manager, and that could be a problem.  Also HT might be part of the equation.

On the other hand it could be quite simple, and if any one has cured this problem, I would be grateful for some ideas.

If you're using onboard (motherboard) sound then that uses cpu cycles, more than you might think so if it happens when things start getting busy then I would say that's the problem.

When you mention HT I'm guessing you are running with hyperthreading switched on? I use AMD myself so I haven't tested it but I have seen a lot of people say to switch it off.

If that doesn't fix it then you could try turning down some settings or pick up a cheap soundcard, you don't need anything fancy.

Archived