Darrington Muni to Mears Field, Concrete WA

MrMaestro

I just made this set and, looking at the pics, I'm pretty fond of it, so I thought I'd share. I went a little crazy with camera angles, I admit  ;D.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As everyone else has been saying, Concrete is simply stunning work, it rewards curiosity in every corner. And Israel's - I can't get enough of it, the quality is second to none, yet Orbx is giving it away free, it's unbelievable. So a big 'thankyou' from myself to all the developers who put so much effort into these sceneries.

PS. Anybody else fly over the dam and think of the opening scene from GoldenEye? I wonder if I could get BOB to bungee jump off it...

Cheers, Mike

Guest Northwest Pilot

Great set and I have to agree, the team at ORBX did an outstanding job with their latest releases. No other scenery developer comes close.

Guest J van E

Some really great shots there!!!

Could you tell me which skies and clouds you are using? And what weather settings (for distance)? I noticed the clouds fade into the distance (into the sky) very nicely. I can usually see where the clouds end (due to FSX limitations), even with the highest possible settings for that and that's a bit annyoing. The ENB addon also helps a lot, I can see, but I also use ENB and still see where the clouds end. Do you use a specific weather (some FSX or Orbx preset) or another weather engine?

I can usually see where the clouds end (due to FSX limitations), even with the highest possible settings for that and that's a bit annyoing.

Using a sky texture that is fading into white near the horizon helps a lot in that respect. And of course it also comes down to the weather's visibility.

Yeah it's really just a matter of using a sky texture that fades to a white horizon along with the ENB-mod, and lowering visibility finishes it off.  The sky texture I'm using is "Reality". I think visibility was set to 40 miles, but it could have been 30.

Thanks a lot for the comments.

Archived