[RESOLVED: Use FireFox] FlightSimStore RS

longbreak

I suppose this is due to the heavy demand at the mooment but FlightSimStore keeps booting me out and requesting a further log-in. This can happen at any stage of the purchase procedure. I finally managed to get as far as giving credit card details and hitting the pay button and was promptly booted out. Now there is no way to confirm if I have paid or not so I cant risk paying twice and there is no way of contacting anyone at FlightSimStore.

Hi Barry,

Can't see any problem with the site at the moment mate. Your's so far is the first report today with this issue. Can I get you to check to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies from www.flightsimstore.com and also see if you get the same issue with a temporarily disabled firewall or spyware application. Cheers!

Yep, seems to be a problem. I just turned off spy ware protection and added flightsimstore as a friendly. Dont see any way to enable cookies in the options. Still getting kicked out. I thought it was due to activity.

Thanks fellas for helpful comments. Have done all that.  Now cookies enabled and flightsimstore is a friendly and spyware turned off. I am entering directly. Will try one more time and restart computer and see if that helps!!

Well after a restart still the same problem. It looks like its just me but then again I dont have any problem at any other sites so the decision is that longbreak and flightsimstore are incompatible!!. Will give it a rest and sneak in the back door tomorrow.

Still having no luck and getting  kicked out at the store. I just had a brainwave and tried to simply purchase AU Gold without logging in. Worked like a charm until I entered my credit card and then it went belly up and pointed me back to the dreaded login page. Guess I will be using the pdf but it will only work if I can get a cd.

Yeah this is a strange one. If you've taken all our suggestions and still cannot purchase then perhaps what JayKae suggested or the mail order form are good alternatives. Are you 100% sure you do not receive some kind of error message when you're sent back? Nine times out of ten this will only ever happen if some information is incomplete or incorrect.

Uh Oh, Just found the rat and its Firefox.

Yesterday I posted off the paper order for AU Gold, a bit premature like I always do things.

I thought I had covered every possibility of sorting out my seeming incompatability with the FlightSimStore.

However I took the time to read the posts pushing Firefox as the bewt browser for downloading, as if the browser should make any difference. Now don't get me wrong, I have tried Firefox before and would love to use it but my tax office will not tolerate me downloading etax unless I use IE. So I thought I would install Firefox and see if that made any difference in dealing with FlightSimStore and BINGO!! I pushed my dummy order through to the confirm window without getting kicked out. I now remember I didn't have problems with FlightSimStore when purchasing AU Blue so the conclusion is that there is now a bug built in to the web site which favours Firefox.

I am quite happy to light up Firefox for this purpose but it would be nice too if the web site did not discriminate against other browsers. At least my personal problem is solved.  :)

Hmmm no, I can assure you there is nothing that has changed so the website favors Firefox. We have hundreds of visitors come through the store daily using Internet Explorer and are able to purchase just fine. :)

Actually I am starting to think it may be ISP related. You're not with AOL by any chance are you?

EDIT: Maybe not.... ISP issues wouldn't be browser dependent. This one has me really stumped.

You and me both Adrian. As for ISP, I was with bigpond when I started and still with bigpond.

Anyhow I now have two browsers, one for FlightSimStore and one for the tax office.

Have to get another browser to go fishing  with.

Archived