Eaglesoft or IRIS DA42 which to buy?

evoras

Eaglesoft for me. I looked at both as well and was swinging towards ES. The final clincher was that Iris have place their analogue ASI and HSI around the wrong way, very fundamental mistake. Check real cockpit photos and the two FS versions to see what I mean

Cheers Anton....

As above, ES!

I fly the DA42 in real life, and the ES version is an excellent representation. Their G1000 has fantastic functionality, and if you want even more you can get the Mindstar G1000 (which I'm sure you've already read elsewhere).

The VC is great, sounds are spot on, and Flight Dynamics are very close to the real thing.

Also the ES forums have excellent support if you have any problems

Enjoy!!

Whoops - finally bought the IRIS one yesterday before this thread got posted and I'm having problems with the update to 1.05 ...

Guess I'm going to end up with two DA42s in the hanger  :-\ and I need to learn to ask you guys before engaging wallet....

I also have both.  Was waiting a long time for the DA-42.  I like the Eaglesoft version better.  Both are heavy on frame rates.  I think that is due in part to the complex glass cockpit.  But Eaglesoft seems to have a bit less impact.  And the brakes on Eaglesoft are more true as is the climb out rate.  I have not updated the IRIS to the lastest so that may have changed.

MikeJ.

Picked up the ES version. Only had about half an hour with it so far, but first impression is it's pretty good. Gotta spend some more time with it between 1S2, 3W5 and WA56. Nice shots btw Heiko.

Guest J van E

I was very surprised to find a switch to turn off the window tint (you can change that even while flying) - what an excellent solution !

Wow, yes, that's pretty neat! I am also thinking about buying this one, but I haven't seen any 'normal' (close up) screenshots from the VC: the official website only has zoomed out shots. (Hint!)

BTW What's the cruising speed of the DA42?

I was very surprised to find a switch to turn off the window tint (you can change that even while flying) - what an excellent solution !

Wow, yes, that's pretty neat! I am also thinking about buying this one, but I haven't seen any 'normal' (close up) screenshots from the VC: the official website only has zoomed out shots. (Hint!)

BTW What's the cruising speed of the DA42?

Hi J van E, these may help

Posted Image

[img width=1160 height=688]http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1278153925.jpg

cheers Anton....

Archived