New Nvdia 3D Beta Driver 258.69

I just installed and ran a test flight with the new driver. As far as I can tell, the quality adjustments that Nick was able to get to work in the new 200 series drivers work in this one too. It seems, sujectively only, to be the best driver yet for the 400 series cards with incredible clarity and colouration. Impressive!

Anyone else try it? What about those with 3D equipment?

Hi Stephen,

not at home at the moment, is it for the 200 series as well or is this a separate one like the other time?

Hi Wolter,

According to the release notes it is for all Nvdia cards including the 200's. I have to say, without conducting objective evaluation, I love it as the colours seem extraordinary and vibrant. Here is a shot I just took out of the windshield of my 185. It seems so real that I felt that I could almost feel the heat from that sun on my face! The driver seems to make it run a bit faster with a higher bottom end, and a new creamy smooth flow too. Boy, do I need to shut the computer off and go and get myself an ice cream with all this talk! The problem is it's 12:45 am, so it's off to bed instead.

Posted Image

I agree, Stephen,

It's definately got the thumbs up from me, too.

I thought the last one was good, but these seem even better, Gotta love NVIDIA and their weekly driver updates.

Boy those guys at the Nvidia labs must have their tails hanging out.

Frank

Archived