Orbx Washington Ortho/Terrain with Custom Apple and Cherry Orchards

leelee15

Been working on customizing the Orchards I worked at doing Migrant Farming.  Cherry Drying or drying cherries after the rain with a helicopter is done because the cherries will absorb the water and when it gets hot enough, they can expand and split the skins ruining the crop.  R44 is about 7-10 feet above @ 7 knots give or take. Making the branches dance tips the cherries sideways or over causing them to dump the water in the stem well.  Something I wanted to do when I first found out about this utility work with a helicopter, and something I will not do in life so I SIM.  Going downhill (many orchards are on hills in AppleLand) the pilot operates sideways or maintaining height above the trees will cause the tail boom to strike the trees behind it.  Try it for yourselves, it adds a challenge to Helicopter SIM time. 

X-System 11_15_2022 4_00_11 PM (2).png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BradB said:

Being from the PNW , you are really on to something here . I look forward to more shots as you progress . :):)

Thank you very much, I was in Illinois working on a dairy and was converting milk into cheese.  Decided to leave and do an intern on Goat Creamery in Eastern Washington, it did not work out but I met this particular orchard owner at a Farmers Market.  I sprayed trees, washed fruit, picked fruit, irrigation, etc in Okanogan County.  Great experience in life and agriculture.  Went on to Quincy, WA in 2019 and picked Apples, hard work to get "piece rate" but I maxed out at 8 Apple Bins in 8 hours; started out only getting 3 Bins, the 5, and bunch of 6 Bin days. 135lbs does not help, only wish I had found the orchards when I was 20 years old, in 2019 I was already 40 years old.  Money does grow on trees in AppleLand.  Will share more soon.  I found ways to Duplicate and Drag making it much faster to work.  This is Outside Mallot, WA with an undeveloped grass strip on the Flats so I developed it as well.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, leelee15 said:

Thank you very much, I was in Illinois working on a dairy and was converting milk into cheese.  Decided to leave and do an intern on Goat Creamery in Eastern Washington, it did not work out but I met this particular orchard owner at a Farmers Market.  I sprayed trees, washed fruit, picked fruit, irrigation, etc in Okanogan County.  Great experience in life and agriculture.  Went on to Quincy, WA in 2019 and picked Apples, hard work to get "piece rate" but I maxed out at 8 Apple Bins in 8 hours; started out only getting 3 Bins, the 5, and bunch of 6 Bin days. 135lbs does not help, only wish I had found the orchards when I was 20 years old, in 2019 I was already 40 years old.  Money does grow on trees in AppleLand.  Will share more soon.  I found ways to Duplicate and Drag making it much faster to work.  This is Outside Mallot, WA with an undeveloped grass strip on the Flats so I developed it as well.

Even have the Wind Machines throughout the orchards just have to add power box and propane tanks.  Also have the Mama Moose and Moose Calf that I walked up on in the same spot; I was told I was very lucky Mama Moose did not attack me.

X-System 11_15_2022 6_44_24 PM (2).png

• Like 1