motherboards can support Intel Core i7 980X?

I can find about 40 motherboards that´ll fit that processor, it´s so-called LGA 1366 socket. So, there´s a lot to choose from. I´d go for ASUS or GigaByte, it´s all about how much money you want to throw down the money pit. If you pick up an older model you probably can´t get around a BIOS update if you want to be sure that it works properly. And if you get a brand new one, there may be quirks that require a later BIOS update. But, you may be lucky and get a board that´ll suit your needs without a BIOS update. ASUS have made it easy, with automatic web-update, worked like a charm for me.

What are your plans regarding overclocking?

Bjorn

Just picked up my new Asus Rampage Extreme III an hour ago.

It has all the mod cons and is 980x friendly without BIOS update, although as previously stated, it's a no-brainer for BIOS updates with Asus boards, so easy!

Will post some screenies of the install,

Frank

thanx all for the replies and helped me.

well my next gear will be the Asus Rampage Extreme III and gtx 480.. and what about the i7 980x it self? is it worth it with fsx performance? im not an overclocker because i dont understand how to overclocking and afraid of ruined everything.. so im going to use it at default speed

thx in advance

Archived