The C.R.A.P.S. latest edition..

alan2

Its been a little while since we put on a display. We haven't been quiet at the CRAPS museum and are about to display our latest exhibit that adds to our growing collection...

The Pasped Skylark

In 1936, the Pasped Aircraft Co. of Glendale, California, introduced a two-seat side-by-side cabin monoplane called the Skylark. Its engine was a 125-hp Warner Scarab radial engine housed in a low-drag cowling. The fuselage was a rectangular steel-tube welded structure covered with Duralumin metal panels forward and fabric aft. The wings were wire-braced from above, had plywood leading edges, and were covered with both fabric and Duraluminum (the latter only at the center section). The single surviving example still flying is fitted with a 165-hp Warner Super Scarab.

The model - A different flight model to what Im used too and I dont want to talk about my first couple of landings !

Landing

When you are setting up to land, note that the Skylark will not slow down like some other planes. She might be a bit fast and heavy, so come in shallow or use your air brake. The air brake on the Skylark is a huge panel assembly lowered by an electric motor with its angle able to be seen on the Flap gauge instrument on the instrument panel.

I like this thing , it has a very credible sound too ,plus a nice panel .

Civilian Registered Aircraft Preservation Society.      at Hervey Bay

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys , I have to say that this bird has a different feel to it .For a two seater it is large with big wings and a low wing loading , I guess. It glides a looong way, sort of like a low and slow DC3 , but another comfortable cruiser. As of yet I haven't got tired of it because it is a little different and not one of those buys that you fly twice and seem to forget about it. 

Hey Fifty Six, its the wind that put me on that runway - if it is a runway  :P

Archived