Forum Suggestion - 'Started by' date

antonvs

I wonder if it would be possible to add DATE next to 'Started by' on a topic.  This would help identify an older topic that has a recent (new) reply. I have noticed other forums have this ability and I find it helps.  Cheers Anton....

I am not keen on adding that to the forum to be honest, I do not like getting multiple topics about the same thing even if the new poster is posting in the same old topic, it obviously is about the same issue, which then keeps it neat and tidy in one topic, if a topic is older than 120 days you would get a warning anyway.

Thanks for your reply Jay, I'am not sure if we are talking about the same thing - so they say a pic is worth etc....

Posted Image

^

^

I don't think this would cause any confusion, but it would certainly help us know when a topic was first posted.

Cheers Anton....

Sorry Jay, at the risk of being a pain - I was just visiting the OZx Forum and see that they have a possible solution that may not cause the complications you are worried about. The 'started date/time' is shown when you hover over a post. Never say never. Cheers Anton....

That's right ... Different forum software, thus forum used to have it until I found performance issues with it, what used to happen after hovering was that it would take 3-4 seconds to open the post after clicking. Not good enough unfortunately

Roger that. Thanks Jay. Ill let it rest now. (thank goodness, I hear you say - lol)....

Antonvs,

Thanks anyway for the idea and for the suggestions mate!

Paul

Archived