Homebuilt CDU

VOZzer

Hello everyone,

After long, long last, I have finally completed the construction of my home built CDU.

It is interfaced electronically through the USBKeys Card (of Opencockpits) and the freeware program "Lekseecon" made by Nico Kaan.

It is fully compatible with the LDS767 and FSX. It is completely home made, with all the wiring, construction and installation being done at home.

Pleas enjoy this video of me running through some pre-flight procedures. It shows me demonstrating my Pedestal (which, as well as the CDU, is completely home-built), featuring the setting up of the CDU, tuning the radios and squawking the transponder.

Enjoy!

Great job, mate.

Just one constructive criticism, you need to turn your video's around so that they align with how you would normally see them.

You can do this with software or just make sure you video it the right way up. It will make it a whole lot more watchable.

As for the CDU, it's a real winner, you've done a tip top job on that baby and it looks really functional. I'm buying bits and pieces for a pit now and I'm also kicking around whether to make a cdu or just buy one.

Frank

Nice Job mate but yes as Tennyson said can you film it next time so that we are not turning our heads sideways to see it? I am also curious about your TCAS Radio? can you tell me where you got that one as to which one you use? or did you build it?

Colin

Archived