about that Water-(The Connie)

alan2

In response to the post "the Connie" about the water.

Its a real recipe , as you know, but that setting has been lost in a reinstall. I used to run 2* water  but down to 1 high now and makes a big difference in water colour and looks.

Those shots were taken from Brisbane ( The Connie post) , straight out from the airport and you come across a coral field by the heads . The water I believe has been adapted by Orbx . The choice of coral (REX) is either " Colour me beautiful" or 'Heavenly beyond' it makes a difference . Thats the swirling effect you see .

Basic settings is water "Sparkling' then hit Pauls favourite in FSWC as a starting piont . A highly modified Pauls that I have just played with is :

HRI = 40% , VRI= 20%, RBCM =5, RBCI=81%, BTCI=200, SSRI= 99 % (why not a hundred, dunno, but that what it is !)..didnt bother with the moon.

Also the day selection is Australia and cloud cover and dont forget whatever ENB stuff your using ....blah blah blah.  It all makes a difference including time of day.

Those settings are unfinished but should get rid of that green water , which is quite appropriate in a lot of places.

I find water is the tricky one and have blissfuly forgotten about it until now, its been disturbed.

Some shots of those settings in my new love -the Hawk. If you like vintage stuff this is for you. Shes a great model, an excellent model. 

Straight V shots.  ...PNW  Astoria  OR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im not a big fan of the Hellcat in its model form but its from the same stables - Vertigo. This is a gentle flyer and not quite as manic as some of the following fighters. Actually the A2A Kittyhawk flys beautifuly as well , maybe its a Curtiss thing. The one to wait for is the Bearcat , apparently it looks real excellent, that wont be manic , just plane insane ! with a bit of luck .  :D

Archived