Soaring at Cunderdin

G'day all,

A small set today, and I deliberately did not fly at sunset this time  ;)

FTX AU Blue, soaring on a hot summer's day in a DG-808 over the excellent freeware Cunderdin Airfield, YCUN, home of the Gliding Club of Western Australia.  Jarrad and the team have really nailed this lovely little spot, and I had an enjoyable evening soaring around the locale looking for my regularly spotted landmarks... the old Tiger Moth on the side of the road coming into town... the old watertower... and of course the Ettamogah Pub!  They're all there!!  Thanks guys!  :D

Posted Image

Salt scabs between the town of Cunderdin to the left and the airfield to the right.  Lovely soaring conditions with cloudbase at 5000' and cu's starting to form cloudstreets in the light ENE breeze.  Now THIS is the life...

Posted Image

GCWA from 3000 feet.  Buildings, trees, static aircraft, even the glider trailers and caravan park are picture perfect.  Something really disconcerts me flying the 808... I got no legs!!  Gotta get me that Aerosoft Discus X...

Posted Image

North of the 'field.  Yep, this is what the wheatbelt looks like folks.  Soaring in WA at it's finest.  Which brings up my only bit of (constructive!!) criticism of the FTX scenery.  While this flight was taken at the height of summer, 4th January to be precise, the landscape is a colour wheatbelt farmers could only dream of at this time of year.  In reality, it is far more dry and there is not nearly so much green.  But, you can't please us all, right?  ;D  Really, I'm more than happy with the scenery here, and am even more stunned that this is freeware...

Apologies for the big signature, I didn't intend it to overlay quite that large...

Cheers,

Derek

A great piece of freeware.  Being  a sandgroper I guess you know the gliding hotspots around the place  ;)  ...and yes screenshots can come addictive , I used to do a few but had to give it away , took all my sim time up

I just found a bunch of pics in the archives - a few sets , I might post them . After a while you tend to develop a sort of " your own stlye" thing and I think your on the way.  :)

Thanks guys!! 

Great shots Derek! Keep 'em coming.

Oh, I will, never worry on that count  ;)  I'm thinking video... can anyone recommend an FSX driveable (preferably aussie) car that would be suitable for a tour video?  I'm storyboarding ideas for once I've got EZdok.

Archived