My New Rig - hoping that this will give good performance for FSX

Well - I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade. I know that my selection of components will probably be redundant by the time I type this post. But I am hoping to get a few good years of performance from the following:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit DVD DSP-OEM

1000W Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 Modular Cables Management Power Supply

Antec P183 Performance One Black Tower Case NO PSU

ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 Channel PCIE Sound Card

Pioneer 22X SATA Black DVD-RW OEM with Software

1.5TB 1500GB Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARS SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64MB Cache

128GB 2.5" Corsair Storage Solutions X128 SATA II Solid State Disk (SSD)

Galaxy PCIE GTX480 1536MB 384-bit DDR5, 2xDVI, HDMI

ASUS P6X58D-PREMIUM X58 ExpressGate Intel i7 LGA1366, 6xDDR3, 3xPCIE, RAID

6GB DDR3 Corsair CMT6GX3M3A1600C7 Dominator GT 1600MHz PC-12800 CL7-7-7-20 (3x2GB)

Zalman CNPS10X Extreme Blue LED Socket 939/AM2/AM3, Intel Socket 775/1156/1366 CPU Cooler

Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz 4.8GT QPI 8MB Cache LGA1366 CPU

Regards

Simon

nice rig mate you should have no issues running fsx,you rig is simular to mine,if you running just one monitor you should get good frames rates,but dont go to overboard with to many tweaks,and autogen settings,4 gig overclock works well too,goodluck.

sounds good simon,i got my overclock done buy a pc shop it costed me 150 bucks, they are equip to test it correctly,my temps at 4 gig never go above 70 degrees,highly recommend it mate,i was not a fan of overclocking my pc because i was scrared that i would damage it,but it is safe aslong as you have good cooling see my specs ,take it from me mate with that rig you have, you mostly likely will get the overclocking bug like me,dont forget to install the menu bar mod listed in the hardware part of this forum,oks,i get an average frame rate at ymml 25-40,one screen only. ;D

Simon,

You have latched onto some good simming equipment, the envy of some of us Slow Jocks. Maybe someday soon I'll be able to upgrade to something like you are setting up. But, do not rule out a second monitor. I use my 2nd to place all my panel, gps, etc on, so my primary is free to Fly, Baby Fly!

Wag

Archived