P3D v5.2 Ground Textures Blurry Until Close

I upgraded to p3d v5.2 and now I'm getting extremely blurry textures until I'm basically on top of them in cruise. I've tried deleting p3d cfg, limiting frame rates, changing LOD radius, and none of these have worked. I have not set an affinity mask, mostly because I don't know how so I do not know if this would help. I also have not tried deleting the shade files which I saw someone say in a different post. Setting texture filtering to 16x helped a tiny bit but other than that I'm not in luck. I have all the Orbx US packs installed (Global, NA, Vector). I tried asking about it on the p3d forums but no one responded with help. I have provided a picture to show what it looks like.

iVOiwuZ.jpg

15 hours ago, tylermatt03 said:

I upgraded to p3d v5.2 and now I'm getting extremely blurry textures until I'm basically on top of them in cruise. I've tried deleting p3d cfg, limiting frame rates, changing LOD radius, and none of these have worked. I have not set an affinity mask, mostly because I don't know how so I do not know if this would help. I also have not tried deleting the shade files which I saw someone say in a different post. Setting texture filtering to 16x helped a tiny bit but other than that I'm not in luck. I have all the Orbx US packs installed (Global, NA, Vector). I tried asking about it on the p3d forums but no one responded with help. I have provided a picture to show what it looks like.

iVOiwuZ.jpg

How did you upgrade? What did you do to upgrade?  Yes go and delete your SHADER folder after you can view Hidden Files, and also delete the Root ShaderHLSL folder. Also, delete the P3D.cfg file. It will rebuild as 'virgin'. Then, I'd do exactly the following:

1. Go into APPS and delete the v5 CONTENT

2. In APPS delete the v5 CLIENT.  Press 'no' when the question to remove registration comes up.

3. Reinstall the CLIENT

4. Reinstall the Content

(I don't know if you also installed the Scenery, but you don't need to to upgrade from v5.1 and lower, and if you did, you will need to VERIFY your Orbx titles to associate them in the Scenery cfg. file.

Go into Orbx Central and under SYSTEM and HELP,  re-sync the link to v5.

This is a very stable version of P3D and you DO NOT need to modify in any way, the P3D.cfg file to get great performance!

In nVidia mask,  set V-sync to 1/2 Adaptive.  Set in sim,  FPS to a locked 31 (31 is important, and not 30 dead on)

Set nVidia mask to MAXMUM Performance.

Apply....

RUN P3D v5.2 and wait for all the scenery files to be created, and P3D will also rebuild the Scenery HLSL folder in the root and also the virgin P3D v5.2 cfg file.  Again, you don't need to enhance this with mods that could very well work exactly against you.

That should now give you a good 30 FPS, and very clean and clear graphics which is why v5.2 is being so much talked about!

Cheers,

Post Edit. I always download the ENTIRE version Zip File, and then merely unzip that file to a Desktop folder...and then right click on Client and Content to do the installing of those two.  I don't just download the stand alone's...and always have had much success, plus in case L.M. server goes boob's up...you have the ENTIRE install suite as well as the auto-script install included for your back up drive.

Archived