openLC North America, possible issue P3D V5.1?

Hello,

I've been chasing two CTD's on P3D V5.1 ever since I recently moved from V4.5 to V5.1. I have been trying to complete long haul flights to North America from London (currently 0-5 now). Every flight that I try I get about 7 hours into it and I get a CTD with MS Office .dll's. ( mso20win32client.dll & ACEWSTR.dll ). Could/is openLC NA related in anyway to MS Office? I've noticed that my sim crashes every time I get to the mainland of North America. I never had any issues with P3D V4.5. I've spend hours searching prepar3d forums with no success, people saying roll back office updates, delete this, and my favorite, *I don't have any issues with my sim's & MS Office*. I guess I am just trying to cover all my bases in hopes that I find the fix some where in the Flight Sim community.

If I am missing any info please let me know...

Thank you,

Dan Iwanski

I have LC N America loaded and have not tried a overseas flight to N America, however I have gone everywhere in the USA with no issues.  Have you tried from Mexico into the USA (shorter flight)  I assume you have HF 1 installed, there were a lot of fixes there.  Not sure why Orbx would be using MS Office .dll's. but I do not have any of that installed on my sim computer.  Just P3D and Orbx

If you're using FS2Crew's RAAS (or an add-on that installs it incidentally, e.g. PMDG 747/777) it installs/uses the Microsoft Access 2010 database engine, and some MS Office updates appear to leave some dependency problems behind with older versions of the dll.

If you're using RAAS, I'd start by disabling it in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\dll.xml and see if your CTDs go away.

Archived